Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December Technique Class

 For our monthly technique Class I decided to do double embossing.  I read a couple toutorials and watched a few online and then made up my own-easier and quicker way.  The Peacock card was the first prototype and the Butterfly was the cards we did in class.  I liked it better and it was a little easier for class attendees do for the first time.  Here are the instructions I handed out.

Double Embossing- This requires two types of embossing folder-we are using an oval and a background. First stamp a focal image.  Emboss the sheet you stamped on with a background.  Next make a template of the oval from Chipboard.  Adhere the chipboard oval to the back of the embossing plate and center the front over the stamped image.  run the sheet through the big shot face down using no tabs and just an upper plate.  This will flatten out the middle of the oval or other shape while not smooching the background! 
We also used a dauber to color the silver Glimmer Paper as a bonus technique.  Fun class and my treat was Lori was in town from Pittsburgh and joined us for class!

Any questions just ask. 

No comments: