Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chalkboard Technique

 Hello-  Today I thought I'd share the card I did with my technique class in February-I know it's almost March but the is crazy weather has my rhythm off.  I've been dying to do a Chalkboard card but I struggled with how to make it special and cool.  Then I saw the Challboard in the Spring Occasions book and and I got the idea to add the little banners.  I added the little bows on the end I didn't bother trying to string the banners-a little dab of Tombo glue and I was good to go.  The Paper is Sale-a-bration's Sweet Sorbet. 
   We lost the electricity right in the middle of this class funny since it is the only time during the whole storm that we did-one of the Ladies coined the phrase craftastrafy- others were out of electric for 5 or more days so I have zero complaint!
-->
Chalkboard Card-A chalkboard card requires black card stock, white ink that stamps opaque and a white opaque marker images should be stamped white on black, traced out with doodles either stamped or drawn or both and a sponge should be used to add stippling and smudges to simulate a chalk board. 
The panel will look more realistic if you add a neutral layer to simulate a wooden frame.  If you use white craft ink you may need to heat set ink with heat gun.

those are the instruction I made for the technique.  Thanks for stopping by! 
Really Good Greetings
Really Good Greetings 130333
Price: $14.95
"And it's all really good!" proclaims one of the stamps in this 6-piece set--and it IS all really good! Fun, sassy expressions in fun, sassy fonts, for when you're feeling…fun and sassy! Clear-mount. Also available in German and French.

Set quantity: 6
White Stampin Chalk Marker
White Stampin Chalk Marker 132133
Price: $3.50
Is it chalk? Is it a pen? It's a pen that looks like chalk! Get the popular chalk-look with this permanent-ink pen. Perfect for writing on black and other dark-colored papers. Single tip. Acid free.
 

No comments: