Friday, February 13, 2015

Lotus Blossom with Gold For Sketch Class


 Hello Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing my second card from Sketch class.  It uses the Three step Lotus Blossom Stamp Set that you can receive for FREE during Sale-a-bration.  I stamped this the opposite of the directions.  In other words I stamped my stems first because I wanted to control where the stems lay.  I then inked up and stamped off once the base (largest image) of the flower.  I then stamped the second image in full strength ink and allowed those to dry.  I then stamped in gold encore ink and embossed with gold embossing powder the final (top layer) of the flower.  All supplies are listed below.  I was out of gold brads so I used silver and coated them with dazzling details gold.  By the way this free stamp set even came with the greetings!
     If you are ever in a struggle for where to start with a card let the Designer Paper that strikes your fancy dictate you color and then design from there.  That's what I did with this card the gold in the DSP was the inspiration for adding gold to the Lotus Blossom-I doubt I would have thought to do that if not for the DSP.  Any design tips you want to share?  Leave me a comment I'd love to hear your ideas!


Product List

No comments: