Thursday, March 13, 2014

March Technique Class-Triple Layer Stamping

 Hi-  hope it's a great day for you!  I'd like to share today my technique class project from March 6.  I had a great time with this technique and I think it was a big hit. I also used a little crayon resist.  First I colored my swallowtail with sponge daubers and ink, then I scribbled lightly around the edges of the image with a white crayola crayon covering the outline this protected the lighter colors of the swallow tail from getting tainted by the darker back ground color by accidentally covering over the lighter pear pizazz. Here are the instructions I gave to the class for the Triple Layer Stamping.

 
--> Triple Layer stamping-  For this technique you need to decide the size of your largest layer and cut it along with two more layers each one inch smaller in both width and height from a neutral card stock.  Cut a black layer one-eighth inch larger then each of the neutral layers.  Center each of the layers one on top of the other adhering in place with a temporary adhesive.  Stamp your image or images. Color and sponge as desired, take the layers apart adhere them onto the black mats you cut and layer once again.  Embellish and finish card as desired.
 One extra little hint for the sequins I didn't want them to have empty holes in the centers so I used silver dazzling details to adhere them.  I put a little dot of the DD where I wanted the center of the sequin to be and then put the sequin over the dot.  I then took a paper piercer and pushed the sequin down letting the DD to seep up in a little bubble.  It's a microscopic effect but it makes me happy-thanks for stopping by-let me know what stamp you like to use for this technique!

Swallowtail Clear-Mount Stamp
Swallowtail Clear-Mount Stamp 129216
Price: $13.95
This gorgeous, plus-size butterfly will provide a breathtaking focal point for scrapbook pages and oversized cards. Or sprinkle it with adhesive and Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter, then turn it into a one-of-a-kind tag for an extra-special gift.
Set Quantity: 1

1 comment:

cincinnattigirl said...

Thank you for such a clear concise tutorial. I am going to try this.