Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas countdown

Here is my countdown to Christmas, I used an oval plaque from the craft store and wooden ovals, the edge is painted with crackle paint-this was my first experience with that.  It was a bit of a pain the wood had to be sanded, sealed then painted. The oval is about 20x12 so I had to use two sheets of DSP to cover the front. The edge of the oval is beveled so I couldn't trace it-I rubbed a lead pencil around the curves to make a line to cut-then made a rough cut, pasted the paper down the used a craft knife to remove the overage.  I then sanded and distress the edge.  The little dots in the vinyl didn't stick to the backing and I had to pick each one off the transfer paper-ugh!  the black stand is from that giant store that has every thing and was $3.89 or so.  This is an amazing project much cuter in person, it did add up to be about $45.00 to make.  The plaque was about 11.80 with coupon, decor element 24.95, paint, sealer, paper, little ovals were 3.25.  I still have to make the rest of the numbers-so I had better finish this!

9 comments:

Kryssi said...

love it!! so pretty

Gina Lindsay said...

It is very pretty, what a great thing to add to your Christmas decorations.

Sara said...

This is so cute, great job

Jennifer Scull said...

very nice! this is going to be a great thing to have for the holidays!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

This is lovely. I like that it doesn't take up a lot of space, is functional and beautiful all at the same time.

Unknown said...

Great job!!!

Danielle's Designs said...

What a clever way to count down.... =)

Ozzie's Greeting Cards by Tanja said...

I love you christmas countdown. It looks quite easy to make. Also just letting you know that you have been tagged but you don't have to do this if you don't want to.